After heartbreak, what next ?

After heartbreak, what next ?
After heartbreak, what next ?

After heartbreak, what next ?

Love can meet rejection. Love can meet humiliation. Love can meet frustration. Love can be unreciprocated. But when our rejection, humiliation, and frustration, finally turns to shame, we feel so stupid, and often resort to depression.
Shame is a monster. It does not think. And when it finally thinks, it thinks UPSIDE DOWN.
Any heartbreak that induced shame unchallenged and unrestrained often leads to depression.
After heartbreak, what next? It ranges from anger, to frustration, to loneliness and may get to shame and depression. But can I show you hope after a heartbreak ?
Let me give you a practical example from a book I read, EYE OF NOWHERE
"Your younger sister is getting married, and you can't even keep a steady relationship. Wasn't it the same things I taught you that I also taught her? So why can't you get a good husband?"
Mum's nagging was beginning to grow on me. My recent breakup was now the new song in the house and I was the subject of every prayer point. I struggled with shame, even though it was no fault of mine. Mine is a culture that forces a woman to look for a husband, only to be termed cheap and desperate.
But I held on to hope. My mentor, Tekena Ikoko, had taught me that at night seasons, our values will be tested but in the morning seasons, they will attract their kind. Two years later, morning came. As I danced up the altar to take my marital vows, I took a quick look at the excited faces of the guests. Indeed, success has many friends and failure is an orphan.
Whenever shame is replaced with hope, hearts are healed.
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: